New Features Include:
- Visual Studio .Net Support
MetaDraw 3 is the first version of MetaDraw formally supporting use under Visual Studio .NET development environment. While still operating as an OCX, MetaDraw 3 has been specifically designed and tested for use under .NET as well as older versions of Visual Studio and other programming environments supporting ActiveX controls.
Introduction of a native MetaDraw .NET Winforms component is anticipated for spring 2003 and will be a FREE upgrade for users purchasing a MetaDraw Subscription License with MetaDraw 3 OCX. Introduction of a MetaDraw .NET Webforms component is anticipated sometime later in 2003.
- Windows XP Support
MetaDraw 3 is specifically designed and tested to support Windows XP. MetaDraw 3 is formally supported for use under Windows 95, 98, 2000, NT 4, ME, and XP. Note: while there are no known problems with earlier versions of MetaDraw running in Windows XP, this is the first edition of MetaDraw specifically designed to supporting XP.
- Includes ALL Features of the MetaDraw 2 Plus Pack
- Arrow Head / EndPoint Symbols support for Lines, Arcs, PolyLines
- OLE Drag & Drop
- Multi-Step Undo / Redo Support
- Object type conversion (text, ellipse -> polygon)
- New object types: stars, regular polygons, etc
- .JPG, .PNG format support
- Link Style Enhancements (segmented links, autolayouts, center marker, colors)
- Link EditMode (allows user to create and move links with Mouse)
- Zoom EditMode (allows user to zoom to selected rectangular area with mouse)
- Object shadows
- Embedded controls
- Save/Load pictures to/from database fields
- Loading picture files via the Internet
- Subscription License / Future MetaDraw 3 feature Expansion
- The subscription License Option for MetaDraw provides:
- FREE Upgrades to New Editons of MetaDraw component products introduced over the following 12 months.
- For example MetaDraw 3 OCX customers purchasing the Subscription license will definitely be getting the .NET Winforms edition. A .NET WebForms or Java edition are also likely ( but not currently guaranteed) to be released within the next 12 months.
- FREE Update Support for life to new features introduced in the current edition of MetaDraw
- Some of the planned features include:
- Compression of embedded Raster Images when saving in MetaDraw Vector Format
- Enhancements to Embedded Controls:
- Printing embedded controls with MetaDraw image
- Ability to Drag and Resize embedded controls with mouse
- Ability to create Links between Embedded controls and graphic elements
- Enhanced In-Place Editing:
- Support for Clipboard actions, and Selection when editing text within MetaDraw image
- Fixed Size property for Text objects to maintain size of text while zooming overall image
Subscription License holders will also receive Free Upgrades to major new MetaDraw editions for 1 year from date of purchase of MetaDraw 3 and Subscription License. This will definitely include MetaDraw .NET Winforms, and may include such products as MetaDraw .NET Webforms .
Bennet-Tec's MetaDraw makes you look sharp!